The ROBOTC Development Team is excited to make our latest update available to you, ROBOTC for LEGO MINDSTORMS 4.56. This is primarily a maintenance release which contains many stability fixes. Keep reading for a full list of changes and improvements below.
Updates for all robot platforms:
- When saving a C source file, you can now opt to keep a backup of the previous version of the file. This behavior can be enabled through the preferences.
- Under certain conditions, semaphores could be given to a task that had not unlocked it. This has been corrected.
- Previously, the compiler would count both prototypes and actual function implementations separately, reducing the number of functions available to you. This has been corrected.
Updates specific to the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3:
- The way text files are saved has been changed to prevent the “65000 temp files” issue that some users were seeing.
- WiFi has been removed from the communications pane. This is unsupported and was left visible as an oversight.
- Joystick control for the EV3 has been fixed.
- The EV3 sound code was partially rewritten for stability reasons.
Updates specific to the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT:
- Operation Reset samples were not working correctly, this has been fixed.
Download ROBOTC for LEGO MINDSTORMS 4.56 today and let us know what you think of the improvements!