Build mechanisms capable of withstanding higher stresses than ever before. Lift heavier loads, and survive bigger impacts with the High Strength Gear Kit.
- High strength gears mate with all VEX spur gears.
- Double-thick face width provides added tooth strength.
- Metal Square Hole Inserts prevent axles from "stripping".
- Use metal pinions for high strength where it counts.
- Use the round-hole inserts to build free spinning idler gears.
- Build gearboxes that resist high shock-loads.
- Bolt Gears together for added strength.
This kit provides several new gears with features to handle higher loads. Each of these gears has a wider face width; this means each tooth is wider so applied loads will be spread over a larger area. The 12-tooth High Strength Gear is molded out of powdered metal. The 36-tooth and 60-tooth Gears have powdered metal inserts. These metallic components will protect the gear from high loads applied by a VEX axle.
- (4)High Strength 12-tooth Gear (0.58 inch diameter)
- (4)High Strength 36-tooth Gear (1.58 inch diameter)
- (4)High Strength 60-tooth Gear (2.58 inch diameter)
- (16)High Strength Square Gear Insert
- (16)Free Spinning Gear Insert
- (1)Inventor's Guide Insert
|Downloads & Docs
||Inventor's Guide - High Strength Gears
||High strength gears mate with all VEX spur gears.
All VEX Square Shafts 0.125" (3.2mm)
- Metal:12-tooth Ggear, Square Gear Insert
- Delrin:36-tooth Gear, 60-tooth Gears, Free Spinning Insert
- Gear Type:Spur
- Diametral Pitch:24
- Pressure Angle:20 degrees
- Face Width:0.500" (12.7mm)